Friday 26 February 2016

Bukchon Hanok Village (near Gyeongbokgung)

Apple Fan here.





This is the most famous spot I guess, cause you can view the traditional houses and the city in the background all in one glance. 

I love the contrasting views this place give and the houses here are still in use, so please please please, be quiet and considerate. Do not venture into any house cause not all houses are open for the public! I've seen a few tourists entering randomly into other people's houses and it's really rude. Take note of the notices on the doors. I remembered there is one that is open for public. It is similar to a mini museum, they share a few facts and history about the place. 

A map of the whole village could be acquired from the tourist information center, located nearer to the train station. The map showed a few trail options and they are easy to follow. 




Due to the summer heat, after exploring Bukchon Hanok Village, we decided to have a quick snack at one of the cafes there. 

This area has quite a few nice cafes and restaurants. This cafe that we entered is small and cosy. It's called November (if my memory never fails me, I remember it is one of the month).

We ordered a few Patbingsoo to share among us to beat the sweltering heat. Love it. The Patbingsoo was cooling and sweet. 

It'll be perfect if we could chill here with a book, peering out the window once in a while. A lazy afternoon with a book. SO AWESOME. 


A special mention for this store here, called Granhand. It's a shop located in Bukchon Hanok Village, and there is a small sign at the front of the shop. The owner is a young and pretty lady in her 20s and she speaks fluent English. She hand-made the scents and fragrances that she is selling in this shop. 

The prices are decent and I actually bought a bottle of perfume from the shop towards the end of my exchange period. The perfume I got is called 'Judith Blacklock' and I love the scent cause it has the woody fragrance. I love woody scents. (Pardon me for diverging.) 

The best part is the customization available! You can use their stamps and stamp your name/initials on the bottle to make it your own! Such a special bottle. It would be good to present it as a gift for your loved ones. Imagine receiving a bottle of perfume with your name on it. Valentine's Day gift!

The owner and the shop attendants are really friendly. It's a shop worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment