Saturday 23 January 2016

ABC Mart at Gangnam - Shoe edition


Right along the street where School Food is at, there are tons of shops and good buys to look out for. And Tadah! Summer Sale at Hollister! Singapore doesn't carry Hollister (If I'm not wrong, there's only A&F) so seeing this sale got me real excited. Cause my plan for this exchange is to buy clothes or stuff that is not found in Singapore. Well and I kind of like Hollister, so I guess my money was well-spent. 

Along this street, there is also 8 Seconds, Osulloc (famous for it's Green Tea Milk Spread, which cost about 8,500 Won when I bought it in Dec 2015) and LINE etc etc. The whole street is lined with Korean branded stores mixed with foreign brands like Hollister and Ralph Lauren. If you venture into the smaller streets, you'll find a lot more gems hidden. I think I'll cover more about Gangnam in future post. 


In Korea, there are tons of ABC Mart. If you love sneakers from Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Puma, Skechers, Vans, Timberland etc, this shop is for you. They always have sales and their sales can be quite cheap, though not as cheap as Outlet Malls. The clothes and shoes from Outlet Malls can be really, really cheap. ABC Mart may be cheaper compared to buying the shoes from the actual stores, but if you want an even cheaper option, you should try Outlet Malls first. I like shopping at ABC Mart cause you can select any shoes from any brand in just a single shop.

In Korea, youngsters and even elders love to wear running shoes/sneakers when they go out. It is their fashion. They even have matching Nike or Adidas shoes for couples. And because of this, there are aplenty of shoe shops in Korea like ABC Mart, Shoemarker etc etc which carries many shoe brands. There is also, Shoopen or Snoopen, which I think is Korea's home brand that sells shoes and bags at very cheap prices during their sale period. There are also many other sneaker/sports brand that I have never heard of in Singapore such as Descente, Kolon Sport, Sbenu etc.

The ABC mart image above is at Gangnam, which is near the subway station. They have 3 levels, so you can have an idea of the huge range of shoes they carry.  


This is what I got in the end, after much debate at the ABC mart @ Gangnam. 

New Balance for 85,000 won, cause they give me a discount since it was the last pair and it was a displayed pair. Thank you Korea for this kind of services. 

I got another pair of New Balance from the Outlet mall in Busan towards the end of my trip. Unfortunately, I think my feet size may be too common, that shoe I eyed was also the last pair and it is also the displayed pair. So I asked if they could give me further discount. They apologized that they couldn't cut further but they gave me an additional shoe lace. I could even choose the color of the shoe laces! I love their services. Hahaha! (Thick skin me)

No comments:

Post a Comment